[OSM-dev] Dev help on "overpass turbo / table display"

Bjoern Hassler bjohas+mw at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 13:30:03 UTC 2016

Hi all,

This pull request
https://github.com/tyrasd/overpass-turbo/pull/18#
has been open for some time, but the original developer currently doesn't
have much time to complete it at the moment.

IMHO this is a super-useful feature that adds a 3rd tab to overpass turbo
to view the data retrieved by the query in tabular form. This is very
helpful for quickly inspecting what tags exist in an area, whether tags are
consistent, etc. Because it's just a 3rd tab, it's very usable as well, and
could be used to illustrate tagging of various features. I'm not aware of
another tool that can easily display tabular OSM data quite in this way.

Would anybody be willing to contribute to get do a bit of work on this, to
move the fork forward, so the pull request can be completed? I'm happy to
contribute, but most likely in testing, though could potentially do some
coding as well, depending on what's needed.

Bjoern