[OSM-dev] GSoC 2016 | Web editor for transporting routes

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 22:00:22 UTC 2016

On 02/03/2016 15:54, Yasett wrote:

> Are there any other initial steps that you recommend?

Hello and welcome!

In addition to anything on the technical side required for "Web editor
for public transport routes", what I'd definitely suggest* is (if you're
not familiar already) is have a go at collecting some OSM data,
particularly in this case public transport route data.  That way you'll
understand a bit about the data collection process (and "feel the pain"
of public transport mapping currently).  I'd try entering data using iD,
and also using JOSM (standalone Java-based editor), Potlatch 2
(flash-based in-browser editor) and also any others that support it
(maybe one of the mobile editors such as Vespucci?) so that you get a
feel for the other approaches that editor writers have taken compared to iD.

Best Regards,
Andy

* note that I'm in no way connected to this GSoC project idea or to GSoC
in general - just trying to offer useful suggestions.