[OSM-dev] GSoC 2016

Kunal Khandelwal kunal15595 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 09:26:47 UTC 2016

Hi
I am a final year undergraduate at IIT Guwahati. I wish to contibute to the
project - "SuperTuxKart racetrack generator based on OSM2World".
I am quite comfortable with coding in Python, Java and JavaScript and have
also used Blender in a couple of projects.
Currently, as a part of my Undergraduate B. Tech. Project, I am using OSM
to facilitate Inertial Navigation(without using GPS) in mobile devices. I
am working extensively with OSM API's to perform real-time location
tracking.
I love the game "SuperTuxKart" on Ubuntu, and I think that playing the game
on a real map would be a great fun, like on our own campus.

"Several people have toyed with the idea" - can someone please inform me of
the earlier attempts in this regard?
The problem statement seems straightforward to me, are there any hidden
challenges involved apart from relying on multiple technologies?

My github profile - https://github.com/kunal15595/

Kunal Khandelwal
Final Year Undergraduate
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati