[OSM-dev] SSL-Certificate for osm.org

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Mar 21 10:06:15 UTC 2016

On 21/03/16 09:49, Oleksiy Muzalyev wrote:

> I would suggest contact engineers at Oracle who work on Java and explain
> them the issue. Perhaps, it could be solved in two weeks via Java auto
> update. The most widespread form of communication is misunderstanding.
> Perhaps, they are just unaware of it.

Excuse me while I try to stop laughing.

As far as anybody can tell the Java Root Certificate Program is some
sort of black hole that applications go into but then nothing happens.

See for example https://forum.startcom.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1815
where there are five year old messages from StartCom people to the
effect that they are trying to get Oracle to add their root.

More recently letsecnrypt have applied but there has been no evidence of
anything happening.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)