[OSM-dev] SSL-Certificate for osm.org

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Mon Mar 21 10:28:07 UTC 2016

On 21.03.2016 11:06, Tom Hughes wrote:
> On 21/03/16 09:49, Oleksiy Muzalyev wrote:
>
>> I would suggest contact engineers at Oracle who work on Java and explain
>> them the issue. Perhaps, it could be solved in two weeks via Java auto
>> update. The most widespread form of communication is misunderstanding.
>> Perhaps, they are just unaware of it.
>
> Excuse me while I try to stop laughing.
>
> As far as anybody can tell the Java Root Certificate Program is some
> sort of black hole that applications go into but then nothing happens.
>
> See for example https://forum.startcom.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1815
> where there are five year old messages from StartCom people to the
> effect that they are trying to get Oracle to add their root.
>
> More recently letsecnrypt have applied but there has been no evidence
> of anything happening.
>
> Tom

I've met personally only one Oracle employee, Dave Stokes. Dave Stokes
is a MySQL Community Manager for Oracle and previously was the MySQL
Certification Manager for MySQL AB and Sun (
https://world2014.phparch.com/speakers/ ). He was a speaker at the
conference.

It was one the most helpful man I've ever met. He explained me and other
participants SQL query optimization,  common errors of DB installation
and administration, etc., answered clearly all questions, asked to write
asking other questions. He rides a motorbike as a hobby.

brgds
Oleksiy