[OSM-dev] Custom tileset

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 16:09:33 UTC 2016

On 19/03/2016 16:03, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
> In that case one may just revert to old version (if old roads are
> considered to be significantly better) - but it would make more
> complicated to use any improvements that appeared later in this map
> style.

Agreed - although to some extent it depends how far you want to go
back.  The files that make up the source of the "standard" style changed
when project.yaml was introduced in September 2014.  If you want to go
back to a version on a certain date, have a look at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6990484/git-checkout-by-date ; I've
done "git checkout `git rev-list -n 1 --before="2014-04-12 00:00"
master`" in the past to get an old standard style version.

However, if you're starting from scratch with that be aware that some of
the external files that that will use may not be where the user to be
when that version of the style was new.  For example, when I last used
an old "standard" style the build failed at "sh get-shapefiles.sh"
because some things had moved - I had to manually find what I was
looking for and put them in the correct place.

Cheers,

Andy (SomeoneElse)