[OSM-dev] Custom tileset

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Tue Mar 22 13:22:48 UTC 2016

W dniu 19.03.2016 15:40, Andy Townsend napisał(a):

> different you tried to do.  I'd also initially use a virtual machine
> of some sort, perhaps running on a desktop or laptop you have - that
> way it's possible to revert to a previously working setup easily if
> something goes wrong.  For small areas a couple of Gb of memory and

I would use Docker images when possible - they help to avoid system
clutter. Think of them as of "meta-packages" with default configuration
for a given task (but without messing with system-wide settings) and are
kind of virtualization (but without sacrificing the speed).

I would start with those (be aware that I haven't actually use it, I
just _would_ start if I try to render tiles myself):

https://hub.docker.com/r/homme/openstreetmap-tiles/
https://github.com/geo-data/openstreetmap-tiles-docker

--
"Завтра, завтра всё кончится!" [Ф. Достоевский]