[OSM-dev] Upcoming Planned outage - 9th May 2016

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu May 12 23:08:18 UTC 2016

On 12/05/16 22:07, nebulon42 wrote:
>> There was a specific, and unrelated, problem this morning that I have
>> addressed. Is that what you are referring to?
>
> I'm not sure what the problem was and what was fixed. But I think what
> Gerd meant is that changeset uploads in JOSM seem to be slower than
> usual. From the opening of the changeset it takes more time to upload
> the objects than before (even for relatively minor changes).

That's pretty much expected I'm afraid - the database is now several
hundred miles away from the web servers so there is more latency.

It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow when we switch over
to the backup web servers which are colocated with the database to cover
this weekend's power outage at our primary site.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/