[OSM-dev] full history files on Geofabrik server

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Mon Feb 20 08:32:00 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 09:01:39AM +0100, joost schouppe wrote:
> I suppose they're slightly buffered as usual, so the dataset includes the
> entire region and a little extra. So if anyone wants to make statistics
> with them, you'll still need something like the OSM-history-splitter (or a
> spatial query) to limit results to your area of interest.

Don't use the outdated osm-history-splitter, use "osmium extract" [1]
from the osmium command line tool [2]. It is much faster and can do
extracts based on very detailed boundary polygons that aren't much
slower than doing them on an simplified polygons.

[1] http://docs.osmcode.org/osmium/latest/osmium-extract.html
[2] http://osmcode.org/osmium-tool/

Jochen
--