[OSM-dev] Removing functionality and giving just No as answer

Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski me at komzpa.net
Fri Feb 24 15:59:20 UTC 2017

Hi!

> OSM Github is not a private club. You should be welcoming other
> contributors, not 'closing' on them.

Here lies a heartbreaking thing:

openstreetmap-website is actually a single person's project.
https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/graphs/contributors

If you look at it, it's not "community developed this", or "OSMF developed
this", or even "a private club developed this" which you paint as a dark
scenario.

It's being mostly written and deployed by the same person.
This is Bus Factor 1 scenario.

Short term: we need to keep Tom Hughes sane and safe.
Long term: we either close OpenStreetMap as a whole, or make sure there's a
bigger stable development team behind openstreetmap-website.