[OSM-dev] Help needed: Search for Mentors

Peter Barth osm-peda at won2.de
Fri Mar 3 20:51:20 UTC 2017

Hi all,

as a little follow-up: The EGW has discussed about this year's GSoC,
about interested students and the current list of project ideas. We have
a really nice list of project ideas, but we don't have a mentor for each
of them. As an admin I have to make sure we have at least one mentor per
project, better to have a backup mentor, too. I have to invite the
mentors at some point and most important, we need someone to answer the
more detailed questions from students.

That's why I'm asking you all, if you are able to [co-]mentor one of the
following project ideas yourself or if you know someone who can. In the
latter case please ask them for help.

* Groups for OSM Website, by Richard Fairhurst
* Reactions for OSM Website, by Guillaume Rischard

* cgimap-ruby, by Paul Norman

* Moving JOSM to Gradle, by Michael Zangl

* Third Party Source Management System, by Simon Poole

* OSM Data Store for editing on mobile devices, by Simon Poole

And four of Sarah's Nominatim ideas have only her as possible mentor.
Now if she gets lucky to find a student for all of those ideas I'm sure
she'd need help ;-)

Please also consider forwarding this mail to the relevant mailing lists.
Projects that don't have a mentor will be removed or moved to next
year's list in about 2 weeks.

Thanks for your help,
Peda
on behalf of the EWG