[OSM-dev] Unified Preset Management System GSOC 2017

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Thu Mar 2 08:30:57 UTC 2017

Peter has already touch on most of the salient points.

I think that it is important to understand that all of the ideas for
projects are just that. Some are are sketched bit more detailed than
others, but it is still up to the student to build a credible proposal
around them, or create one completely on their own.

The project idea in this case highlights an issue that we undeniably
have in OSM, and one for which earlier attempts to resolve have failed.
Please don't decide on a specific implementation before the rest of the
bases have been covered.

Simon