[OSM-dev] GSoC 17 : JOSM- New main menu

Nathiesha Maddage nathieshamaddage at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 18:17:31 UTC 2017

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am Nathiesha Maddage, a final year undergraduate at University of
Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I participated in GSoC 2016 as well and completed the
project successfully, by developing an Eclipse plugin.

I was interested in OSM, since I was doing my final year University project
on visualizing the land use with OSM data and Google satellite images. I
went through the project list and I am interested in the JOSM project , new
main menu. I am familiar with Java and I am getting familiarized with JOSM.

I compiled the source code using Eclipse. I will go through it to get a
basic understanding about the code and the project structure. And I will
use the JOSM mailing list and bug tracker, as you have suggested, if I find
any question regarding the code.

Is there any other resources that I should follow in the meantime, that
would be useful for this project?

Github -https://github.com/nathiesha
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/nathiesha-maddage-48710096/

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 11:24 PM, Michael Zangl <
openstreetmap at michael.fam-zangl.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am the one who proposed that project.
>
> Getting your own compiled version of JOSM is a good starting point.
>
> You can experiment with the github repository. It has not been updated
> since January, but this should be no problem since there were only minor
> changes since then. It is just a read-only mirror of the SVN repository.
>
> For detailed questions about the code, JOSM has a own mailing list:
> But we tend to use the bug tracker more, so you can simply comment on
> that ticket.
>
> If you have any further questions about the project, I'm always open to
> a chat session ;-).
>
> Michael
>
> Am 07.03.2017 um 18:14 schrieb Nathiesha Maddage:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I downloaded the JOSM source code from the git hub repository [1]
> > because I am more familiar with git than svn. Is that OK, or should I
> > download the source code from the SVN repository, as git repository is
> > listed as unofficial in the website [2]?
> >
> > [1]. https://github.com/openstreetmap/josm
> > [2]. https://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Source%20code
> >
> > --
> > Best Regards,
> > *Nathiesha Maddage*
> > Undergraduate,*
> > *
> > Department of Computer Science & Engineering,
> > Faculty of Engineering,
> > University of Moraduwa,
> > Sri Lanka.

Best Regards,