[OSM-dev] GSoC 17 : JOSM- New main menu

Nathiesha Maddage nathieshamaddage at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 17:51:39 UTC 2017

Hi Micheal,

I studied the MainMenu class and the associated Activity classes, and got a
basic idea on how the code is structured. I will get more familiarized with
it as you have suggested, to come up with a clean up plan for the source
code.
I think the required changes of visual menu is all listed here [1]. I went
through that and got an idea about the proposed changes. However I could
not find a few of the listed problems, in the JOSM version I compiled.

eg:

   - Remove functionality - *Copy coordinates actions*
   - Move menu items - *Jump to position -> Two items up and name it Zoom
   to coordinates...*
   - Restructure the Tools menu - *Areas: Mirror , join, multipolygon*

Are those issues already fixed? Or I might have missed them? And are there
any other new requirement other than those, that need to be done?

I still could not try out installing new plugins and observe how they fit
in. I will do so.

[1]. https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/13456#no1

--
Best Regards,