[OSM-dev] GSOC 2017 libosmscout: Implementation of a OpenGL ES renderer

Monori Fanny fannymonori at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 11:16:53 UTC 2017

Hello!

I am Fanny Monori, a Computer Engineering MS student from the University of
Debrecen, Hungary. I wish to participate in Google Summer of Code this
year, and I am interested in the "libosmscout: Implementation of a OpenGL
ES renderer" task, and I am looking for someone to help me getting started
with it.
I have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, and during my studies I
became familiar with OpenStreetMap. As part of a course, students had to
work on projects that are using OpenStreetMap. I really liked working with
it, and I would love to contribute to it. I also studied computer graphics,
and because of that I have experience using OpenGL.
In your Google Summer of Code page you have mentioned that you might
require a small exercise or prototype. Do you have any qualification task
in mind regarding this project?

Thank you for your time reading my email.

Best wishes,
Fanny Monori