[OSM-dev] Removing functionality and giving just No as answer

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Fri Mar 17 17:32:40 UTC 2017

   On 08/03/17 Tom Hugues wrote:

> There is a cargo cult belief that you need to force dirty the tile at
> the renderer but that is almost never the case - any changes to nodes
> and ways will automatically dirty the relevant tiles. Only changes to
> relations are not handled automatically.

> Now there was a bug for much of last week where that wasn't happening
> properly - that was fixed on Friday morning and all the missed tile
> expiries were processed over the next 24 hours.

> What is normally an issue is the squid caches that sit in front of the
> renderers, but a simple shift-reload will bust those caches and in fact
> a manual dirty will do nothing at all to help with those.

We still need to dirty for lower zoom levels. A few months ago, dirty did work to modify tiles under zoom 13. But no success actually.

I Updated the way for Parc Macaya a few days ago. Zoom 12 and under, the tiles are still not rendered even if I dirty or reload the page (ctrl-F5 with Mozilla).
See http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/398987126#map=11/18.3793/-73.8789

Pierre