[OSM-dev] GSoC: Inviting Mentors + project ideas can still be added

Peter Barth osm-peda at won2.de
Fri Mar 17 22:44:02 UTC 2017

Hi all,

next week, starting with March 20th, students can start to apply for a
project and submit proposals until April, 4th. That's why we should
start and add mentors to the GSoC platform so they can see and read
student proposals as early as possible. For that I have to invite you as
a mentor. As some of you might want to use a different email address
than they do e.g. on this list, I'm asking you to drop me a mail with
your email address that I should use to invite you.

If you're named as possible mentor in one of the GSoC project ideasĀ¹ I'm
asking you to send me a mail. No matter if you already saw an interested
student or not. Thanks.

Also not that you may still add project ideas if you like. And if the
idea doesn't find a student this year, we might use it for next year. So
please don't hesitate if you have a good idea for a project!

Thank you,
Peda

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2017/Project_Ideas