[OSM-dev] The EWG meeting is tomorrow

Ilya Zverev ilya at zverev.info
Mon Mar 27 08:54:52 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

As you might know, the new Engineering Working Group is meeting every two weeks on Mumble. Read the meeting minutes on the wiki: https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Working_Group_Minutes/EWG_2017-03-14

We are not discussing any software development, but trying to help current and future OSM developers. The two tasks we are working on now are:

1) Google Summer of Code 2017. The student application period opened a week ago and ends on 3rd of April, next Monday. Do not put off answering students' emails.
2) The Top Ten Tasks list. The previous one was compiled six years ago, and we are looking at refreshing it. For now we are collecting ideas on the etherpad: https://pads.ccc.de/k4rlFOGIHb

The next EWG meeting is tomorrow at 20:00 UTC:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=EWG+Meeting&iso=20170328T20&ah=1

We would like everybody who considers themselves a EWG member, interested in organizing mentors or in compiling the Top Ten Tasks list to join Mumble and to discuss these topics. We use the usual HOT server, see instructions here: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mumble

Ilya