[OSM-dev] Routes/relations of trams

ika-chan! (OpenStreetMap) mapper+dev at minoa.li
Tue Mar 28 02:59:25 UTC 2017

Hola,

It is ideal to have all stop nodes in sequence from the start to the end. if you use JOSM, the stops should be listed after the route. It is my personal preference that the ways are listed in order, followed by stops, but the other way is also valid.

What you avoid doing is put nodes between ways (in relations).

As for the final enquiry, we have stop_position, which is mapped directly on the way, which is part of the new Public Transport scheme. See https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:public_transport%3Dstop_position <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:public_transport=stop_position> and https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:public_transport%3Dstop_area <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:public_transport=stop_area>.

—ika-chan!

(Oh no, I forgot to replace the sender with dev again!)