[OSM-dev] Programatic reconstruction of postal code areas

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Mar 29 08:46:55 UTC 2017

On 29/03/17 09:41, Jo wrote:

> For postal_code boundaries, they will very often follow existing
> boundaries, except where they don't... so I would say it is possible to
> draw them by mostly following the existing admin_boundaries.

So now you appear to be talking about the UK which I do know about and
which definitely doesn't have boundaries as such.

Royal Mail as I understand it defines each post code by a list of
addresses. They do also provide a centroid point derived from that list
but I don't believe they provide any sort of boundary.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/