[OSM-dev] Programatic reconstruction of postal code areas

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 29 10:14:53 UTC 2017

There are also in some countries "non-geographic postal codes" - things
like reply numbers and PO Boxes. If we are able to filter these out of
the data in some way it may make the job a little easier.

Although the UK postcodes are not defined as a boundary but as a list of
points, there are several "reverse geocoding" services in the UK which
implicitly will allow you to find the boundary that their algorithm+data
leads to. I have no idea how "accurate" their results are for a random
point, or indeed, how you would measure that accuracy.

//colin