[OSM-dev] Programatic reconstruction of postal code areas

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 29 12:12:16 UTC 2017

No need to pick nits Martin, you know what I mean. Any lat/lon
associated with a non-geographic postcode is arbitrary and volatile. It
is not needed for delivery purposes - only the code itself is used. It
can be "moved" to some other location, possibly a long distance away, in
a way that is not possible with a normal postcode. In the same way as a
mobile or service (0800 etc) phone number might have a "lat/lon"
representing the current home address of its "user", but that is not the
same as the lat/lon of a fixed line.