[OSM-dev] Printing to PDF

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri May 26 21:15:02 UTC 2017

sent from a phone

> On 26. May 2017, at 20:57, Bjoern Hassler <bjohas+mw at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'd like to print a 30km by 20km area to a single A1 or A2 sheet. This is a "sparse" area in Zambia, so downloading OSM data and rendering is quite possible, rather than attempting to print tiles.

it depends what you want to do with the print, if it has to be pretty you should render in a print resolution (ask someone who has everything set up or setup a rendering stack yourself, otherwise you could print the tiles (if you need a big field paper to scribble on), e.g. with the bigmap.cgi script print to A1 pdf from the browser.

cheers,
Martin