[OSM-dev] Printing to PDF

Hartmut Holzgraefe hartmut.holzgraefe at gmail.com
Fri May 26 22:21:02 UTC 2017

On 26.05.2017 20:57, Bjoern Hassler wrote:
> what's the best way to print to PDF?
>
> I'd like to print a 30km by 20km area to a single A1 or A2 sheet. This
> is a "sparse" area in Zambia, so downloading OSM data and rendering is
> quite possible, rather than attempting to print tiles.
>
> I did have a look at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_on_Paper,
> but it's tricky to see what's current, and what works well. I guess it's
> possible to use QGIS as well, but ideally a stand-alone version of
> something like his would work for
> me: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/MapPDF.

for standalone you may want to give https://github.com/Zverik/Nik4 a try

Or you could see if my MapOSMatic for produces suitable results for you.
It currently renders for a resolution of 300dpi, and produces PDF, SVG
and PNG in one go.

It is currently limited to 30x30km, but I can set that a bit higher
if needed.

-> https://maposmatic.osm-baustelle.de/