[OSM-dev] OSRM on osm.org not working

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Sun Oct 1 14:30:49 UTC 2017

Separate issue I think, but I notice that routing does not recover after
using ORSM.

To reproduce

  at www.openstreetmap.org

  drop start/end pings with right click

  click on selection and go down the list looking at each route

  at ORSM, notice the error message "Couldn't find a route between those
  two places."

  click to "Foot (GraphHopper)" and notice the message is still there.
  Click "go" and see a route.

  click to "Foot (Mapzen)" and notice the you get (very slightly)
  different foot directions, without having to click Go.

This actually confused me quite a while ago when either one engine
couldn't find a route or was down, and I didn't realize that a
newly-selected engine didn't work without the go button.

If somebody tells me I'm not confused about this and it would be
helpful, I'm happy to file this at
https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues