[OSM-dev] OpenStreetBrowser: Improved public transport map and other route relations

Stephan Bösch-Plepelits skunk at xover.mud.at
Thu Aug 9 19:25:45 UTC 2018

On Wed, Aug 08, 2018 at 09:24:22PM +0100, Dave F wrote:
> Could the bus data be split from the railways/
Yes, but I'm not planning to include this in main OpenStreetBrowser. In my
opinion all types of public transportation are connected (bus, tram, train,
ferry, subway, ...) and they all should appear on the same map.

But I have two solutions for you:

1. You are welcome to create your own version of the map. You can create a
copy of the public transport map and adapt it to your needs.
- Code:
  https://www.openstreetbrowser.org/dev/OpenStreetBrowser/main/src/branch/master/pt.json
  If you start to edit it, it will be openened in a special editor.
- Instructions:
  https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenStreetBrowser/Howto_Categories

2. I'm planning to introduce additional filters. Then you could filter by
   type of route. Or - for example in the Gastronomy category - by cuisine
   or type of gastronomy (bar, restaurant, cafe, ...). I can't tell you,
   when this feature will be implemented, maybe in the next few months.

greetings,
	Stephan
--
Seid unbequem, seid Sand, nicht Öl im Getriebe der Welt! - Günther Eich