[OSM-dev] Developer wanted for CartoCSS

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Tue Aug 14 22:18:55 UTC 2018

Hi,

I recently got worried about CartoCSS project, which we use as a Mapnik
configuration parser in OSM Carto. There's only one person available for
a long time and I feel this is dangerous, because he has officially
stepped down recently and if he looses any interest in it, there would
be not even basic support, like merging code or making the release.

If there's somebody ready to look at the code (JavaScript) and join the
project even to just keep it alive in standby mode, I would be very
glad. Here is nebulon42 story and what he expects to "share the keys"
(or even pass the baton) in the project:

https://github.com/mapbox/carto/issues/495#issuecomment-412987738

--
"My method is uncertain/ It's a mess but it's working" [F. Apple]