[OSM-dev] OSM customization problems

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Fri Dec 7 16:03:09 UTC 2018

On Fri, Dec 07, 2018 at 01:36:32PM -0200, Kojo wrote:
> Here I have some questions:
> - I am using mapnik to style the maps, but it is not clear for me that the
> style is applied  while importing data from osm to database (and stored
> inside db data), or when the tile is rendered.

Styles are applied when rendering *not* when importing.

> - renderd.conf XML property, points to a style file. I change this file but
> the changes I made doesn´t show on tiles, even if I reload data to
> database, and even if I mark the tile as "dirty" to force re-render. This
> is the reason for the first question, that I can not even understand when
> the style is applied, during import, or during render.

Not sure but you might have to restart renderd and/or apache when
changing the renderd config.

> - I tryed to check the png data direct on disk, but I couldn´t find it

Tiles are stored as "meta-tiles" on disk, one meta-tile contains 8x8
tiles. This might have thrown your calculations off.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen at remote.org  https://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-351-31778688