[OSM-dev] iD news - 2.12.0 released 🎉

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Dec 10 07:59:53 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 10.12.2018 03:14, Bryan Housel wrote:
> iD now displays linked data if a feature has a wikidata tag, and will
> protect fields like name and brand from direct editing.

Can you elaborate on the logic behind this a bit more?

On first reading it sounds like if I set a wikidata tag on something, iD
will load name and brand from wikidata and not allow editing of those
fields but that certainly can't be right. Which fields exactly are
protected, what does protection mean, and by what is this protection
triggered?

Bye
Frederik