[OSM-dev] OSM->PostGIS Python tool?

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Fri Dec 21 22:34:14 UTC 2018

Jo — interesting, I wasn’t aware (or had forgotten..) that there was another Python Overpass interface. It seems we have
https://github.com/DinoTools/python-overpy <https://github.com/DinoTools/python-overpy> and the one I maintain  https://github.com/mvexel/overpass-api-python-wrapper <https://github.com/mvexel/overpass-api-python-wrapper> .

It looks like they offer similar functionality. I would be curious to find out if you (or anyone here) has tried both and prefers one over the other, and why? Does anyone know the developer of overpy? I would prefer it if we could combine efforts rather than maintain two separate projects. The python package world is already messy and I hate contributing to that :/

Martijn