[OSM-dev] OSM->PostGIS Python tool?

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 18:15:49 UTC 2018

Hi Spencer,

I'm using Overpy to fetch data using Overpass API, then process it, then
send it to JOSM using its remote control feature:

https://github.com/osmbe/public_transport.git
https://github.com/osmbe/public_transport/blob/master/scripts/OSM_data_model.py
https://github.com/osmbe/public_transport/blob/master/scripts/Agency.py

You can experiment with it in this Notebook:

https://colab.research.google.com/drive/14ggsAKrs9gs03AVSNIGlWsLWJEq7EAaF#scrollTo=4GOsvegsGPxM

Maybe it helps. In a previous iteration all this did involve loading the
data into a PostGIS database:

https://github.com/PolyglotOpenstreetmap/OSM_PublicTransportRoutes

Polyglot