[OSM-dev] Difficulty fetching data from API in own app, but not browser

mmd mmd.osm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 16:35:57 UTC 2018

Am 23.07.2018 um 18:19 schrieb Nick Whitelegg:

> .... Digging a bit more, it looks like the API will reject a request if
> you make it relatively soon after the first; is this correct?

I think that's correct. The /map API call is handled by cgimap, which
has some rate limiting in place. It depends on the data volume returned
by a request, so fetching data for large areas will increase the
likelihood of hitting your quota fairly soon. I don't recall any
specifics at the moment, though.