[OSM-dev] Difficulty fetching data from API in own app, but not browser

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Tue Jul 24 06:43:18 UTC 2018

IMHO I would 1st verify that you are actually generating the same query
(and the one your expect) with wireshark (running the app in the
emulator) and that what is happening is actually a time out. It seems
really really really unlikely to me that you are running in to the rate
limiting.

2x2km can naturally be a lot of data, in particular if you have largish
relations in the area (even if you are not downloading all the members).

Simon