[OSM-dev] Difficulty fetching data from API in own app, but not browser

Nick Whitelegg nick.whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Tue Jul 24 15:47:16 UTC 2018

Thanks.

As it happens there was a small bug in my code where certain exceptions were being thrown away without being caught so I missed what was going on.

Trying it again reveals the problem is location dependent, not frequency dependent - the error is always thrown near Haslemere, Surrey.

The error is an odd one and seems to be related to the XML parser within osmapi:

specifically "Error parsing XML at END_TAG, line 25670".

However if I download that XML in the browser for that exact bbox, it appears to be accepted as well-formed XML in Firefox and there's nothing odd in the XML at line 25670 (which is a </way> tag). Maybe it's an out-of-memory issue; if I consistently get the problem across different devices I'll contact the author of osmapi.

Thanks,

Nick