[OSM-dev] OpenStreetMap Carto release v4.12.0

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Tue Jun 26 10:57:36 UTC 2018

W dniu 22.06.2018 o 17:16, Daniel Koć pisze:
> Dear all,
>
> Today, v4.12.0 of the OpenStreetMap Carto stylesheet (the default
> stylesheet on the OSM website) has been released. Once changes are
> deployed on the openstreetmap.org it will take couple of days before
> all tiles show the new rendering.

Hi again,

The OSM.org deployment is not happening yet, and one of the problems is
some performance issue on low zoom levels:

https://github.com/openstreetmap/chef/issues/168#issuecomment-400232261

Could anybody test what's the source of the problem? I expected rather
that it would speed up the low zoom rendering due to the smaller reads
from a database together with the update of indexes:

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/pull/2874

--
"My method is uncertain/ It's a mess but it's working" [F. Apple]