sav123 at h-f.net
Thu May 3 16:15:00 UTC 2018
> Anyways, there is no point of talking about who first, last, only
> etc. All approaches using closed commercial software are pointless for
> OSM - it cannot be reused. Everything can be done with open source so
> that all code/algorithms are open and clear and there is no need to
> pay piles of money for nothing.
pointless for ?
1) in charge of initiating a big installation, I spent N000 euros
- to earn 4 hours in the init process by server
- to get the initial prevision of 44 masters reduced to 12
- to get turn-key sub products to run tiles servers on very small slave
It was a great help for a few bucks and finally, I saved a lot of money
0) it would not be only one serious product in the osm catalog without the
private donations of a very few enterprises and individuals. I respect what
they did and I hope a lot for their revenus.
dev mailing list
dev at openstreetmap.org
More information about the dev