[OSM-dev] issue with geofabrik europe update

Michael Reichert michael.reichert at geofabrik.de
Thu May 17 15:03:38 UTC 2018

Hi Flo,

Am 17.05.2018 um 16:49 schrieb Florian Lohoff:
> On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 05:50:19PM +0200, Frederik Ramm wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 05/16/18 14:43, Julien Fastré wrote:
>>> We had a strange issue with a europe diff update from geofabrik: the
>>> diff file is not a valid xml.
>>
>> And that's entirely my fault for using "sed" to modify a couple of .osc
>> files around the beginning of May. Sorry for that! It was after we got
>> rid of uid/user fields in .osc files, and it turned out that some people
>> has issues with the reduced files, so we decided to put dummy uid/user
>> fields back in, and for the old files I quickly did that with a too
>> broad search-and-replace command ;)
>
> So you actually say that geofabrik pbf/osc files dont contain valid
> usernames anymore?
>
> I was wondering why i saw numerical usernames but if thats the case
> i can drop usernames from my QA tools.

OSM files which are available on our public server without log-in don't
contain user names, user IDs and changeset IDs. To be precise, these
fields are set to zeros/empty strings because Libosmium < 2.14 (and
Osm2pgsql < 0.96) and Osmosis (all versions) expect these fields in the
DenseInfo block of PBF files.

You can get files with full metadata at
https://osm-internal.download.geofabrik.de

Some information on the access using scripts can be found at
https://blog.geofabrik.de/?p=484
https://github.com/geofabrik/sendfile_osm_oauth_protector#documentation

I am working on cookie support on Osmosis. A preview can be found at
[1]. Someone else is working on the same for pyosmium-up-to-date.

Best regards

Michael

[1] https://github.com/openstreetmap/osmosis/pull/40

--
Michael Reichert      www.geofabrik.de
Geofabrik GmbH        Handelsregister: HRB Mannheim 703657