[OSM-dev] OpenStreetMap Carto release v4.15.0

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Fri Sep 21 17:13:51 UTC 2018

Dear all,

Today, v4.15.0 of the OpenStreetMap Carto stylesheet (the default
stylesheet on the OSM website) has been released. Once changes are
deployed on the openstreetmap.org it will take couple of days before all
tiles show the new rendering.

Changes include
- Changing gastronomy objects color to orange (affects restaurant,
fast_food, ice_cream, food_court, bar, cafe, nightclub, pub and biergarten)
- Changing farmland and societal amenities (like school, hospital etc.)
colors to fit better into the overall color systematic
- Adding rendering for man_made=wastewater_plant and man_made=water_works
- Adding icon for man_made=storage_tank and man_made=silo
- Adding icon for amenity=bicycle_repair_station
- Adding icon for leisure=amusement_arcade
- Adding icon for shop=bookmaker
- Adding icon for shop=trade
- Adding rendering for attraction=water_slide
- Rendering most of the road links thinner (affects trunk_link,
primary_link, secondary_link)
- Moving manors to z16+
- Fixing missing country labels on z4 (affects Canada, Russia and Greenland)
- Small code and icon fixes

Thanks to all the contributors for this release.

For a full list of commits, see
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/compare/v4.14.0...v4.15.0

As always, we welcome any bug reports at
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues

--
"My method is uncertain/ It's a mess but it's working" [F. Apple]