[OSM-dev] All possible fields of an address object in Open Street Map

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon May 11 13:27:20 UTC 2020

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Addresses may be helpful, it is an attempt to
document how addresses are tagged in OSM

> is OSM (Nominatim) using OpenCageData address-formatting ?"

Depends on what you mean by that. Nominatim is extracting geocoding info
from OSM (and it may or may not use OpenCageData address-formatting)

OSM (database edited by mappers) is not using OpenCageData format
but its own tagging system documented in https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Addresses

BTW, if https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Addresses will be confusing or unclear please comment
at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Addresses&action=edit&section=new
and there is decent chance that documentation will be improved

May 11, 2020, 15:06 by pascal.girard at insa-lyon.fr: