[OSM-dev] osmium diff

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Tue May 19 13:52:58 UTC 2020

Hi!

I don't have your original input files and only one line from the output
doesn't give me much to go on, but my guess is that there is a
misunderstanding here, what it means for an object to be different the
way "osmium diff" sees it.

If you have two versions of the same object, they will be seen as two
different objects. So

-w123 v1 ...
+w123 v2 ...

means that one file has version 1 of way 123 and the other has version
2. If you see

*w123 v1 u123 ...

It means that version 1 of way 123 is in both files but has different
attributes somewhere.

Jochen

Jochen Topf  jochen at remote.org  https://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-351-31778688