[OSM-dev] dev Digest, Vol 191, Issue 7

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sat Feb 13 13:28:03 UTC 2021

Feb 13, 2021, 14:14 by sandors39 at gmail.com:

> MK, you are everywhere, can everything and very quick.
>

> The question is general OSM map making dilemma. Obviously not handled properly by developers.

It was handled properly, rendered as it was mapped.

Default map style deliberately is not hiding errors or transforming data in
a complicated way, see
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/blob/master/CARTOGRAPHY.md#general-purpose

"Being understandable and supportive for mappers - To serve as feedback for mappers
and encourage correct mapping this style needs to render the data in a way that allows
mappers to understand how the data produces a certain rendering result based on basic
observation without in depth understanding how map rendering works or
looking at the style implementation."

By rendering what was mapped it revealed wrong data - it was working as expected.

(I have no idea what else you expected to be rendered there).