[OSM-dev] Prolific list posters (was: Re: dev Digest, Vol 191, Issue 7)

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 13:54:04 UTC 2021

On 13/02/2021 13:14, Sandor Seres wrote:

> ... you are everywhere, can everything and very quick.
>
> ... Can you, please, slow down a bit.

It's been mentioned many times before, particularly on the tagging list,
but unfortunately some people _really_ like to hear the sound of their
own voice and think everyone else does too, despite any evidence to the
contrary.

What I do is to manually add a filter to anyone who posts excessively to
the list such as tagging (say, on average more than 4 times a day there)
and file those messages into another folder for reading later or never.

It's not perfect (it doesn't stop me having to read _replies_ to the
same arguments being repeated over and over) but it does make it easier
to find genuine new points of discussion without having to wade through
the same old same old (e.g. "landuse vs landcover" on the tagging list).

Best Regards,

Andy

Previous discussions on tagging:
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2021-February/059346.html