[OSM-dev] Osmupdate 0.4.5 fails (osmctools)

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Mon Feb 22 19:59:59 UTC 2021

On 21.02.2021 23:38, Stephan Knauss wrote:

> I have the suspicion that osmupdate requires the now missing "comment"
> at the beginning of the state.txt file:

I propose this patch. The original version checked for a known first
character to identify a valid file. As the new known first character is
a "s", checking for this restores the original functionality.

Yes, the file could be corrupted in a different way. But this was also
the case in the initial version. And other parts of the code do probably
make similar assumptions.

722c722
<   if(result[0]=='#') {  // full status information
---
 >   if(result[0]=='s') {  // full status information
828c828
<   if(timestamp_contents[0]=='#') {  // full status information
---
 >   if(timestamp_contents[0]=='s') {  // full status information

Stephan