[OSM-dev] Osmupdate 0.4.5 fails (osmctools)

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Tue Feb 23 09:31:00 UTC 2021

On 23.02.2021 08:42, mmd wrote:
> I doubt this will work. The new state.txt format only applies to
> minutely diffs. If you happen to process hourly or daily diffs which are
> still being generated using the old format, this will obviously no
> longer work. When catching up, osmupdate would choose the most suitable
> format (out of minutely, hourly and daily) to reduce the number of
> downloads, so this is a real issue.

You are absolutely right. I only looked at the minutely state file. In
the hour/state.txt the comment is still present.

> Best is to get rid of this format guessing special logic altogether.
> It's too fragile as it relies on undocumented stuff.

As it seems to be just one additional sanity check of the file, simply
removing it might be fine as well. If the file does not contain
timestamp/sequence, it will fail a little bit later anyways when trying
to parse the file.

So no probably no additional check needed.

Stephan