[GraphHopper] GraphHopper for iOS
peathal at yahoo.de
Thu May 22 12:19:18 UTC 2014
we've a GraphHopper version running on iOS thanks to a friend of mine. The good news: it works and is really fast on iOS!
The bad news: It is not releasable due to some minor issues:
1. create an easy to use iOS library
2. make unit tests working on iOS to find and fix bugs
Additionally there is the following work to be done:
3. fully automate the synchronization between GraphHopper-iOS and GraphHopper-Core
4. find+fix more bugs
5. create iOS demo with online or offline maps
6. test on multiple devices
Now, we are looking for people who:
* would have interests in this and/or
* could imagine to work or test it and/or
* even would take over as a Maintainer of this iOS port.
Surely I expect some work in the beginning but afterwards it will be reduced to nearly zero time because we'll then have a fully automated synchronization between iOS and GraphHopper-Core. (Then there would be only work for new IOS releases I guess.)
In return we'll release GraphHopper for iOS under the Apache License!
GraphHopper.com - Fast & Flexible Road Routing
More information about the GraphHopper