[OHM] Quick Hangout follow-up

Jeff Meyer jeff at gwhat.org
Fri Dec 19 19:00:14 UTC 2014

Hi all -

We had a great turnout for yesterday's Hangout, some regulars and some new
faces, too. UK, NZ, Finland, and the US were all in the house. Looking
forward to expanding to participants from new areas, too.

Etherpad notes / minutes here:
https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/OHM_Meeting_Dec_18

Key highlights:
- Discussed NEH ODH grant progress and planning
- ORBIS overview from Karl
- Upcoming mapping hackathon: Wikilovesmaps.wikimedia.fi
<http://wikilovesmaps.wikimedia.fi/program/> - we should see if we can
generate some historical content creation - city stripping, anyone?
(Susanna is contact there.)
- OHM wiki gardening - we need to update the slide links and create some
how-to's and getting started guides (I believe Mike has started some things
there)
- Need to find someone to help with admin of the system / upgrades, etc. -
please keep your ears open for anyone who might want to help!

Thanks!
Jeff

--
Jeff Meyer
Global World History Atlas
jeff at gwhat.org
206-676-2347

OpenStreetMap: Mapping with a Human Touch
osm: Open Historical Map (OHM)
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Historical_Map> / my OSM user page
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/jeffmeyer>
t: @GWHAThistory <https://twitter.com/GWHAThistory> / @OpenHistMap