[Hot-francophone] HOT Activation for Irma

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Ven 8 Sep 00:24:55 UTC 2017

Greetings,

I apologize, the French version of this will follow shortly, but I
wanted to get this to you as soon as possible so I went forward in
English.

HOT has officially activated for Hurricane Irma and we are
coordinating in our slack team, in English, in the #disaster-mapping
channel.

You can join HOT's slack by visiting this link:

https://hotosm-slack.herokuapp.com/

Once you join the slack, you will type /join #disaster-mapping

And you will be in the coordination channel for HOT's activation.

The full details and a link to the umap of our Irma project footprints
can be found on the response wiki page:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/2017_Hurricane_Irma

We also need translation help with the wiki entry.

The most important message is we want to support local mapping and not
accidentally conflict with your local lead mapping. Local leadership
is best and Haiti has great local leadership, please let us know what
is best for you.

As I said, French version to follow, or if anyone would like to
translate this and send it we would be very grateful.

Respectfully,
blake

Blake Girardot
skype: jblakegirardot