[HOT] Fwd: Helping with Sumatra Response Map

jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Wed May 19 09:19:35 BST 2010

fyi, can somone contact him?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nicholas Doiron <ndoiron at andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, May 19, 2010 at 4:58 AM
Subject: Helping with Sumatra Response Map
To: info at humaninet.org
Cc: deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com, jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com

Hi,

I am interested in working with HumaniNet on the crisis map of Sumatra.

I have experience programming with the Google Maps API and Mapplets such
as the response map.  I helped a small crisis-mapping group in the
Philippines after Typhoon Ondoy last fall, and have developed
low-bandwidth and offline mapping programs for the OLPC laptop.

In particular, I could help with converting MapAction data to KML
overlays, using Google's Static Maps API or WalkingPapers.org for quicker
map viewing, or other steps to help make the map effective for more users.

Please let me know if this would be helpful.

Regards,
Nick Doiron
Student, Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA, USA