[HOT] Update: Call for volunteers: Somalia roads import

Schuyler Erle schuyler at nocat.net
Mon Aug 22 22:36:32 BST 2011

On Aug 22, 2011, at 3:49 AM, Iván Sánchez Ortega wrote:

> I also noticed that the ways that overlap the boundaries of each box are
> duplicated at each side.

I have generated a new set of OSM XML files that address this issue, as well as the "too many ways" issue reported by Harry.

These files replace the ones that were in the same locations, which doesn't help the folks who have already done some of them... but hopefully this will make ongoing work easier.

Thanks very much to Harry for his documentation, to Iván for leading the charge, and to everyone else who's put in so much work already. You guys and your enthusiasm are a lot of what make OSM and HOT amazing.

> Which means: if you can, please work in a file that is not adjacent to any
> other file in progress. That'll simplify the process.

Yeah -- the string of six characters in the filename is a geohash. The more distant they are lexically, the farther apart they are likely to be in space. Pick files at random from the list? :-D

SDE