[HOT] Geoeye Foundation

Jim jfulme1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 22:41:48 BST 2011

You probably know about this already, but in case you haven’t:  GeoEye, a satellite imagery provider, has a non-profit 501(c)(3) entity that distributes archival raw satellite imagery data (and that could mean 1 day old in some cases) to educational institutions and non profits.  There’s an application process to fill out, and can be found at;  http://www.geoeyefoundation.org/.

The reason I know about this is I took a tour of GeoEye headquarters in Herndon, VA., including their satellite control center and met and talked with the person who’s in charge of the foundation.  So if you’re interested and represent HOT, if might be worth the effort in applying for imagery data for some of the projects, like Somalia.

Cheers,